Monday, March 7, 2011

Marathon Party Twenty-Eleven

1. A truck pulled out of the Crestwood Manor Apartments on to North Lookout, where runners had come by moments earlier. A race traffic controller waved at the truck to stop. As he approached the vehicle, the driver took off barreling past the checkpoint.  "Did anyone get his license plate? I clearly was yelling at him to stop. Then he locked his doors, and took off."

2. A soldier decked out in full army gear came walking by. I said, "It must be hard to run in all that heavy gear."   Slaughter's response, "These colors don't run."

3. My wife said, "It's more than a t-shirt, you get a medal too."

4. There has been a new born at the marathon party every year. Kelley brought her sweet baby Gus, allowing us to once again say, "Babies first marathon!"

5. Bella made a sign that read, "You can do it. Run, Run, Run, or Walk."

6. At least one person said, "I'm running it next year."

7. Kevin's neighbor came by and said, I'm surprised you're not running Kevin."
     "I don't run for competition. I'm just running to stay alive long enough to see my grandkids."

8. Tracy Dean learned how to play Uno Moo.

9. I tried the corn dip. I still hate the vegetable, and the band.

10. There were no references to Terry Fox this year, and there were more kids than adults at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment