Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tales From A Library Parking Lot

1. There was a man asking me to check his books out for him because he lost his library card. He needed $1.30 to catch the bus.

2. A woman gave me the stink eye because apparently I got to close to her while she was walking and reading. I said, "Thank you girls for being born so I no longer have to kill stupid people."  Bella said, "Daddy you would kill her?"  "No Bella I'm just acting tough. I would never hurt anyone. I'd just try to outsmart them."     "I don't see how you could do that, dad."

3. A man looked at me and said, "What's up big dog?"

4. I watched a car make four attempts to back into a parking space. Then the same car backed into a parked car and drove off.

5. One of the library workers was outside on his cellphone, smoking a cigarette. Oh yeah, he had on jeans, white socks, and flip flops.

6. I saw some benches that looked quite comfortable. They were exceptionally hot, and gave me a free splinter in my leg.

7. Amelia bit Bella, and said, "I like to bite daddy. It's fun."   "Do you need to be in time out."   "Well that's not fun like biting."

8. A man was wearing what appeared to be a trash bag, and running at the Scott Field Track.

9. Three teenagers were walking side by side and enjoying their electronic devices.

10. An older gentleman was slouched way over carrying a book. I thought, "Is that book really that heavy?" Then I stood up real tall, went home, and drank a glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment