Thursday, February 17, 2011

10 Overheard Conversations

1.  "I'd like to fight Matt Floyd. You know, just in a fair fight. I think I could take him."                                      
          "Dude you just used Matt Floyd and fair fight in the same sentence."

2.  "You can't write an article about the birth of Rock n' roll in Arkansas without mentioning The Band."        
           "Okay. What band?"

3. "Give me my money Duffee!"
       "Hold on now, this is a benefit show."

4. "You know The Band, with Levon Helm."
         "How do you spell his name? Lee Vonhelm?"

5. "I can make you a spritzer."
        " No! What kind of an establishment don't carry wine coolers. Let's go girl."

6. I just happened to be at Atomic Guitars hanging out one summer day. A car pulls up, and parks on the sidewalk out front. Two guys in cut off shorts get out, and one of them says, "Hey Johnny. Show Gary that extortion pedal."  

7. I was at UALR eating lunch between classes, and listening to these guys talk about Spring Break. Suddenly, this fifty something year old student with a mullet walks up, and says, "Let's go down to Panama City. We'll show them girls what Jaws is really all about."

8.  "This class requires a lot of reading. It's going to take a lot of dedication."
           "Excuse me. I don't have time to read. I'm in college."

9. " You're working on Sunday? You got something against church."
          "No. I know my Jesus!"

10. "I swear dude I'm sixteen. Where's my? What? I'll be right back. Hey girl. Where the fuck is my I.D.? Okay, look guy, I swear I'm sixteen. My friend lost my I.D."
          "I've been trying to tell you for the last fifteen minutes you have to be 17 to see that movie."
       "So now you're not gonna let me in? Why didn't you just say so?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment