Monday, February 21, 2011

10 Things I Love About My Parents

1. Whenever they would argue, one of them would storm off, and always return with an apology, and a dairy product.

2. Once, we had a dog that kept biting everyone. My dad said,  "I'm going to take him to live in a lovely home in the country." We later came to the realization that we lived in the country.

3. I can count on one hand the number of times I've heard my mother use profanity. However, one of these rare moments I happened to catch on tape. While I was fiddling with my new boom box one Spring, she was sewing something for my sister, and made a wrong stitch. "Shit! Did you record that! Shit! Shoot! I said, Shoot!"

4. One summer day, my dad went outside, and did a couple of hours worth of yard work. When he came inside my mom said, "Whew Mason you smell."        "No Joyce, you smell. I stink."

5. I love the way my dad  pauses while telling a joke. He pauses for so long that I never know when to laugh. However, somehow this makes him the best joke teller I know.

6. One thing I've noticed is the way they look at each other. It hasn't changed a bit. There is still a spark.

7. They always have a bag of fajita chicken in their freezer.

8. Whenever my mom would give my father a chore for the day, he would wait until she was out of ear shot, and say, "I'm gonna file that one under shit I already know."

9. They use to keep all their important documents in a broken down Delta '88 next to the hanger.

10. They love family, laughter, and they truly care about the well being of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment